As an experienced writer, veteran fundraiser, and sought-after instructor and speaker in philanthropy, fundraising, and marketing, Matt brings a unique perspective to your project.
Matt’s articles, interviews, and quotes have appeared in nonprofit and fundraising trade publications such as:
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- CASE Currents
- Nonprofit Times
- FundRaising Success Magazine
- and more …
He’s written for national planned giving organizations, colleges, hospitals, and a variety of other nonprofits, such as:
- The University of Pennsylvania Medical System
- The Planned Giving Company
- Opportunity Finance Network
- Washington Memorial Heritage
- Moravian College
- Mennonite Heritage Center
- Virtual Giving
- Children’s Scholarship Fund
- Turning Points for Children
He’s also spoken at conferences and seminars for:
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals
- The Council for the Advancement and Support of Educations
- The Planned Giving Council
- The Council for Nonprofit Innovation
- The Engineering Development Forum
Matt’s 25 years of fundraising and management experience includes positions with:
- The Boy Scouts of America
- Lebanon Valley College
- University of Cincinnati
- Ursinus College
- University of the Arts
Matt also serves as an Affiliate Faculty member at Eastern University’s School for Leadership and Development where he teaches courses in philanthropy, and fundraising, and marketing worldwide — in the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
In addition, Matt …
- Holds an M.A. in Philanthropy and Development from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota and a B.Sc. in Natural History from Juniata College.
- Is a registered Fundraising Counsel with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (registration does not imply endorsement).
- Is a member of the board of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Is a active member of the Nonprofit Marketing Council and the Philadelphia Area Nonprofit Independent Consultants.
To learn more, see Matt’s LinkedIn profile.